Rune Bo Jakobsen
In 2000 I graduated with a Masters of Architecture in Denmark specializing in urban and historic harbour regeneration. Through the years I have studied, worked and tutored workshops in Denmark, Arizona, Italy, Mexico and Malta. Having originally come to Malta as a Danish Architect student back in 1998 I was inspired by the glowing city on the water of Valletta and inevitably I returned to live here; now with my wife and daughter.
When I joined DeMicoli & Associates in 2013 I had been designing and executing projects mainly around the Valletta Grand Harbour and had through an abundance of building and detailing experience obtained the Periti Warrant. One thing I had not yet executed was a tower development. And meeting the enthusiastic Ray DeMicoli became a turning point; who with the drive and wealth of positivity has brought one tower and master planning project onto the table after the other. My forte is design and creating architecture with sensitivity and artistic intent. It is a matter of creating whilst listening to the site and grasping the vision of what can be. At Danda we enjoy bouncing ideas off each other, constantly refining the spaces and solutions. Together with the hard work and energy created up to a successful graphic and 3D presentation, we capture the imagination of our clients whilst addressing feasibility and planning.
A number of the current projects my role as Architect include the Mriehel Office Towers, Hotel and Residential projects on the Mediterranean coast and green inland developments. I am also pleased we have taken part in pro bono proposals in the education sector. I see my most important contribution to Danda and to our clients by creating inspiring architecture and sustainable design; pushing the boundaries of what is possible whilst employing an efficient design process to the advantage of our clients and the built environment.
In parallel with architecture I have executed public artworks and experimented with concrete sculptures and casting techniques. In my paintings I express the colours hidden within the shadows and portray the emotions embedded within a space.
PROJECTS AT DANDA
Role in projects below: as Design and Project Architect in collaboration with Ray DeMicoli
• Mriehel Office Towers Design, MEPA application drawings and consultant coordination
• HSBC Headquarters and Commercial development design competition, shortlisted.
• Ramla Bay Hotel Design competition, Winning proposal
• New Portomaso Tower & Land reclamation design, presentation and consultant coordination
• Westin Dragonara Tower design & Presentation
• Qawra Hotel and residence Tower & Aquapark Design, including OPM presentation & model coordination
• South Bend Indiana, US: Office with Timber construction design
• Guze D’amato School interior and concept Design, presentation to Education Ministry
• St. Julian’s Parish Church Parvis design and presentation
• Valletta Amorino Gelateria, MEPA permit & structural Site works
Role in projects below: Design Architect within Project Team
• Misurata, Libya: Masterplan, Hotel & Residential Design Development
• Tal-Mirakli residential masterplan design, Lija
• Manoel Island & Lazzaretto concept masterplan & design
• Spinola Park detail and services design
• Naxxar masterplan and town-planning 3D
• Farsons Masterplan and interior concept competition material
• Cost estimates for major projects
• Environmental studies and logical presentation method
• Developed high standard Power point presentation method for major projects
• Teaching & leading team, architectural concept and design development
• working as a Team player listening to feedback and developing Ideas of others
• Introduce and teach staff 3D sketchup as fast & powerful office tool
• Improve physical model technique and finish
• Prepare fee proposals and issue Bills for major projects
Architectural services including major waterfront masterplan & landscaping projects, from design inception to planning & tender documentation and on site completion.
• Urban Design, Landscape & Waterfront design
• Tower and Masterplan design
• Office, Hotel and Residential design
• Sustainable environmental design
• Waterpark and Marina design
• Education and school design
• Graphic Design
• Competition Architect and team leader
• Design and conceptual Research
• Interior and nightclub design
• Detail & furniture design
• Project, Client, MEPA and Consultants Coordination
• Construction drawings and Tender preparation
• Preparation of budgetary cost estimates, presentations and MEPA applications
• ACAD, Photoshop & 3d Sketchup
• Excellent Creative Skills: Architectural, Structural, Sculptural, Conceptual & Graphic
• Languages: Fluent in English, Danish & Italian
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Able to perform well under pressure and meeting deadlines.
• Hardworking, reliable and conscientious.
• Strong interpersonal skills and leadership qualities.
• Experienced in dealing with Clients, Consultants and Planning Authorities.